19 Jun Strategic net-zero value chains – the missing block of a successful EU net-zero industry act
Strategic net-zero value chains – the missing block of a successful EU net-zero industry act
Members of the European Net Zero Alliance (ENZA) will exchange views with key EU policy-makers to discuss the role of the Net Zero Industry Act in boosting the EU’s cleantech production capacity. The aim is to define the contours of an effective European industrial policy, accelerate the deployment of net-zero technologies and promote European industrial leadership in clean technologies.
The webinar will explore the following topics:
- The importance of a multi-energy approach combining sectors and energy vectors for a cost-efficient, speedy decarbonisation;
- The concept of strategic net-zero value chains, promoting an integrated approach to the scale-up of net-zero technologies, from infrastructure and production, to end-use;
- The challenges related to permitting, including planning requirements, one-stop shops, and time limits;
- Financing and the necessary streamlining of funding procedures across EU instruments, to support the deployment of net-zero technologies.
View the full event video below:
Opening and moderation
Pauline Lucas, Policy Director, Euroheat & Power and Co-Chair of ENZA
- Pedro Dias, Policy Director, Solar Heat Europe
- Alexandra Tudoroiu, Head of Policy, COGEN Europe
- Malgosia Rybak, Climate Change & Energy Director, CEPI
- Jean-Marc Jossart, Secretary General, Bioenergy Europe